Hello from Louisiana Simple Living! My name is Darrell, along with my wife and much better half Erin, my son Ryan and daughter Amanda, welcome you to our BLOG. Our lives wouldn’t be complete without our two standard poodles named Croix and Roux. Together, we are a family from Baton Rouge, LA, living the simple life and want to share that with you. Along the way we will share some knowledge and inspiration while also getting much more back in return.
What are we about?
- Family is everything. Family gives you the roots to stand tall and strong. We spend as much time together as we can with our entire family. We have family over for fun and food as often as we can.
- We want to be as self-sufficient and healthy as we can. We have a large backyard organic raised bed garden and herb planter. We want to know where our food comes from and this helps us do just that.
- We constantly strive to live a healthier lifestyle. The garden helps maintain a low carb lifestyle and we try to get plenty exercise whether that’s walking the dogs or working out at the gym.
- We love to cook and eat well, especially produce from the garden. We grill, roast, and cook on the stovetop. We love to boil crawfish, shrimp, and crabs. We love trying food and recipes we’ve never experienced. We feel that cooking is a way to explore new thoughts, cultures, and tastes.
- We love to have fun with family and friends. We love to laugh, have fun and believe that is important for our wellbeing.
- Louisiana is a great state and want to share our love of Louisiana and its culture, places, and people. Southeast Louisiana’s unique Cajun influence is indeed unique and special.
- We are openly patriotic and proud to be living in the greatest country that’s ever existed. USA! USA! USA!
- We’ve had the opportunity to work and live in a few different places throughout the USA and the world. We had great experiences at each of these places. But, there’s no place like home! Louisiana provides such a great culture with friendly people and warm weather.
- We believe in a higher power and our faith helps keep our family centered on the things that are truly important.
You will see posts on our BLOG covering topics such as::
- Cooking: Salsa Verde – From the Garden to the Jar
- Gardening: Specific educational posts talking about topics like soil science, organic gardening methods, related to growing your own produce from your backyard organic raised bed garden.
- DIY/Home: Building a rustic headboard and squirrel picnic table.
- Louisiana Heritage: Visit to Avery Island, where the tabasco peppers are grown and Tabasco is bottled (when COVID-19 allows us).
- Travel/Outdoors: Surf fishing at the beach on family vacation.
- Subscriber suggestions: We want your suggestions on upcoming posts.
It is a 2-part answer. First, these are things that we are doing now as we live our lives enjoying the simple life. We believe there is some power in documenting our journey, helping teach or inspire others, and along the way we expect to gain as much or more from you.
Please LIKE this post. If you have any COMMENTS, please post below. Please SUBSCRIBE to our BLOG for additional great content.