One of my go-to’s when it comes to holidays is the Cajun Meat and Cornbread Dressing. It was a recipe that my Grandmother-in-law created and has now been passed down to my family. This is an extremely easy yet delicious recipe that anybody can make. Give this recipe a try and you will not be disappointed!
Please visit YouTube to see the cooking video for this recipe and a ton of other good content! Please subscribe as well!
Preparing the Ingredients
First, go ahead and cook your cornbread and have it ready for all the other ingredients once they are cooked.
The next step is to go ahead and cook all the other ingredients.
Brown your ground meat and drain off fat in a colander.
Put the drained ground meat back into the pan. Add the Seasoning mix (onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic, and parsley) and cook until it begins to soften.
Add in the Louisiana Crawfish tails and cook for 10 minutes.
Critically important is to use Louisiana crawfish tails. If it’s not, is probably from China and the taste is absolutely horrible, so stick with Louisiana crawfish tails.
Once that’s cooked for 10 minutes, transfer everything to a large bowl.
Next, we will crumble all the cornbread into the bowl and mix well.
Add up to 1/2 cup of chicken broth to ensure the mixture is not too dry as it will dry out while cooking.
Finally, add the mixture into aluminum pans or other casserole dish to cook in the over.
Cooking the Final Product
Cook the dressing for 20 – 40 minutes at 375 F. You want no liquid pooled up on the top and the top gets browned.
Cajun Meat and Cornbread Dressing
- 2 lbs. Ground Meat
- 2 lbs. Savoie's Meat Dressing Mix Richard's Meat Dressing works as well.
- 1 lb. "Louisiana" crawfish tails
- 1 pack Cornbread mix, regular
- 1/2 cup Chicken broth
- 2 containers Guidry's Fresh Cuts Creole Seasoning Blend Alternative is to use 4 medium white onions – diced, 2 bell peppers – diced, 2 stalks celery – diced, 4 glove garlic minced, 4 stems of green onions sliced, 1/2 cup parsley – finely chopped.
- Bake cornbread according to directions.
- Brown ground meat. Place in colander to drain. Add back to pan.
- Add vegetables and cook until soft.
- Add dressing mix and crawfish.
- Cook on medium-high for 10 minutes while stirring.
- Pour ingredients into a large bowl.
- Crumble cornbread over mixture in bowl.
- Add up to 1/2 cup chicken broth. Amount of chicken broth may vary. You want just enough to keep dressing from drying out while cooking.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Spray inside of large pyrex dish or other dish used while olive oil or other no-stick spray.
- Transfer mixture to dish.
- Bake uncovered for 20 – 40 minutes at 375 degrees oven.
- Remove from oven when liquid is no longer pooled on surface and top is browned.